Sunday, March 8, 2015

Pear Jam

Today I made pear jam. I had 9 pears, and I added 1 apple to get the right measurements. I have been thinking and reading a lot about farming and country living lately. I've always loved the finding out where things come from. I love taking things back to the very origin. I'm always annoyed when I look up a recipe and it includes biscuit mix (sooo, you could just say flour, butter and water?) or a can of cream of mushroom soup. That's not a recipe. Anyway, I am learning how to make things for myself. Like soap... Did you know you can make lye from ashes? Pretty cool. And I'm learning to grow things. And... Make my own jam! So here is the product. I haven't tasted it yet, but I'm pretty excited about it. 






Here is where I found the recipe: http://www.tasteofhome.com/recipes/spiced-pear-jam#.

1 comment: